Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring Break at the Zoo

NOT!!!!

We got up this morning excited about the day ahead. We had decided to go to the zoo for the day. We dressed, packed lunches and picked up Grandmother. As we got to the exit for the zoo, we noticed police officers were directing traffic. Not a good sign. I kept driving, just hoping that everyone was going to a spring festival in the botanic gardens. Not so much. Cars were parking in the grass beside University!!! We knew it would be at least another hour before we even saw the zoo entrance. So, we sadly turned around.

Idea # 2 - We drove over to Keller-Smithfield Park to eat lunch and play with friends. But, there was not one single parking spot. Cars were jumping the curb and parking in the grass. I was not willing to jump the curb in my new van, so, we turned around. Again.

Idea #3 - We drove home and had a picnic in the front yard. No lines and no trouble finding a parking spot. It also had fairly clean bathrooms. Perfect! Lunch was great! It is a beautiful day!

Idea #4 - We have Putt-Putt passes, so this time I called to see how busy they were. I was told "We are CRAZY busy! It is spring break you know." Really? *sigh*

Idea #5 - We took a nice relaxing walk down the trails to the Nature Center park. It was a great walk and I got to see all kinds of wild animals. Mountain lions, alligators and monkeys...



I am so proud of my kids. Today could have been a disappointing day, but they all had such great attitudes. "... for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances." Philippians 4:11

Thank you kids for your beautiful example of Jesus that you have shown me today. I treasure you in my heart.

No comments: