Saturday, June 27, 2009

Holding Hands

The boys were at baseball camp Monday through Thursday from 9am -12pm this week. So Lily and I got some great girl time together. We read books, went shopping, cleaned the house. She was really enjoying the time we spent together no matter what we were doing.

We had been running errands one day and we were running out of time very quickly. And she wanted to hold my hand. All day, everywhere we went, she made sure she was on the side of my empty hand. But we were hot. And sweaty. It was close to 100 degrees. And I just didn't want to be touched with sticky hands. But then I looked down and saw her looking up at me. I realized how quickly she is growing up. Then I remembered two little boys that used to want to hold my hand. But not anymore. So, we held hands. Tight. And I loved every minute of it.

2 comments:

Mihills Family Blog said...

They do grow up VERY fast. You're a wise mommy to realize that you need to enjoy it while you can!!

Being a Star said...

I know that missy is wanting less with me these days so i take what i can get. :)