Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Free Country?

The kids were driving me c-r-a-z-y today! They have been irritating each other relentlessly all day! So about 5pm I had them all come down and sit in different parts of the living room while I prepared dinner. Here was the conversation:

Z: Mom, I have something to tell you about what happened with Logan.
D: Blah-blah-blah-blah...
Z: Mom, come on. It's important.
D: Do you want ketchup?
Z: Mom, I thought this was a free country. Don't I have the right of free speech???
D: Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha...(I'm laughing so hard I can't breathe!!!) Oh, Zachery. Haven't we told you. You do NOT live in a democratic household. You live in a dictatorship! You have no rights in this house except those your father and I give you. And right now I don't want to listen to anymore fussing or fighting or explanations.
Z: Man, that's not fair!
D: Nope. But when you grow up, you too can be the dictator of your own home. :)

1 comment:

David and Olivia said...

Oh that sounds like something my mom would have said. And probably something similar to what I might say to my own kids one day! :)