Monday, October 19, 2009

Should have beens

Ok, so I should have been blogging regularly to keep both of my readers informed...sorry. But when you only have 2 readers, it is easier to make a phone call. Let's see if I can remember what has happened the past 2 weeks.

We should have been playing fall baseball, but it rained and rained and rained. So, we have been spending time together as a family at home instead. Not such a bad trade off, but now we are trying to make up all of the games we missed. Now we have baseball every night! The kids are playing well and having fun.

We should have been landscaping the backyard, but it rained and rained and rained. So, we have been spending time together as a family instead. Once again, not a bad trade off, but now we are trying to plant a few bushes in between baseball games! It is looking much better, but we still have a lot of work to do. Do you have any idea how much trash that is buried under a construction site???

I should have been doing a lot of things to catch up on my to do list, but it rained and rained...wait...I guess I can't really use that as an excuse here. I should have been filing records, cleaning house, exercising, etc. But instead, I have been playing with yarn thanks to my mother-in-law teaching me new tricks. I made Lily another scarf and I am working on another one for myself. I love that I can sit and make something without having to drag out every tool I have and cover the dining table with a huge mess.

How is it that the should haves seem to rule my life lately? I have the best of intentions, but my follow through is severely lacking which leads to much regret. I pray that there are certain areas of my life that I have no regrets. My husband. My kids. My faith. My family. My friends. For all the planning I do, tomorrow may not come. My prayer today is that I will live a life of no regrets.

3 comments:

Mihills Family Blog said...

I read your blog! I check it every day....so just because I don't always leave a comment, still, know that I do read it! Love you and your sweet family!!

Debbie

Deanna said...

Awww...thanks Debbie!

David and Olivia said...

Very true indeed. As far as trash at construction sites... I do understand much better after living in Ukraine.
Hope you get some things done that you want to get done. A good friend of mine gave me a card with a saying one time that I love to think of, especially when I feel I have too much to do. It goes something like this: God gives us just enough time to do what He has planned for us to do; so if you feel you don't have enough time to do everything, you're doing more than He intended for you to do.