Saturday, December 13, 2008

These are a Few of My Favorite Christmas Things

Following my friend Jill's lead, I thought I would post a few of my favorite Christmas things around the house. These are not listed in any particular order.
I love the candles, crystal and Fitz and Floyd ceramics on my buffet. I can't wait to have company and light the candles and watch the glow! I added the poinsettias to the buffet and the also to the banister. I was so excited to have stairs in this house. I have always loved the decorations on banisters for Christmas.


For the past few years, my mother has been giving me Jim Shore decorations. One of my favorites is the Santa. This year's gift was the Santa and Rudolph. Aren't they cute?!? All of the grandkids want to watch the Rudolph video at her house even when it is not Christmas!


Let's just say that I am a spoiled wife. Since a company Christmas party in 2002, Larry has been giving me a Swarovski crystal snowflake for the tree every year. It sparkles like crazy with the lights on the tree. This picture does not even begin to show it's beauty. The kids know they can not touch mommy's ornaments and they are hung just in my eye sight for maximum viewing pleasure. Larry, you're such a great husband.

These stockings are a treasure for the Texas Tollesons. They were hand made by Larry's grandmother Annette.

The "Christmas Chronicles" series by Jeff Guinn is one of my favorite Christmas reads. I have read The Autobiography of Santa Claus and The Great Santa Search, both of which were very cute. I have just checked out this one. I can't wait to start reading. My favorite cd's this time of year are Amy Grant's "A Christmas to Remember" and Relient K's "Let It Snow Baby... Let It Reindeer". If you have not heard their version of the Twelve Days of Christmas, you are missing out on one of the best songs of Christmas!

I L-O-V-E our huge tree. We have had it for 13 years and though it gives Larry trouble every year, it looks fantastic when it is finally up! Right now there is another string of lights out, but if you squint your eyes, you hardly notice it at all!

My mother made this quilt. It is on of the first quilts she ever made. She is quite talented. Thanks mom.

Every girl should have a pink tree in her room! I never had one, so I am living my dream out through Lily. It is pink, sparkly and Zebra. What's not to love?!?

Have a wonderful Christmas season and enjoy your holiday decorations while they are up. It will all be over before we blink our eyes.

No comments: