Thursday, December 4, 2008

Home Improvement 201

I have known for a long time that the interior walls needed some paint. Bad. Six years of little hands and little spills and race cars and sticky lizards had made the walls, well NASTY!

I started planning to paint a year ago. I just knew that when school started I would have lots of free time to paint. Problem #1. I also knew that I would have a helper since mom is retired now. (Yeah Mom!) Problem #2. So, I decided to start with the dining room. It has 4 walls with a good stopping point (something my living room lacks). The hardest part of painting this room was deciding on the color. Who knew there were so many reds!
Before:


After:


Now, I L-O-V-E love my dining room. It is probably my favorite room in the house. I think we need to eat in there more often just so I can appreciate my handiwork!

Oh, and to address the Problems. #1 - I DO NOT have more time to do anything! If anything, I think I am home less than I was before all three of the kids were in school. Just FYI for all of you moms with kids still at home, enjoy your days at home and try not to volunteer all of your free time away. I have learned the hard way that there is not a magic fairy that cleans the house, does the laundry, grocery shopping or anything else while you are volunteering your time away. Spend some time for you. If you do not take care of yourself, how can you take care of anyone else?

Problem #2 - Mom does not do ceilings. My neck still aches! Just giving you a hard time mom, you do great corners! xoxox Dot

4 comments:

Jill said...

Love it Deanna! Looks sooo good!

Jenn said...

Love it!! When are we going to break the room in with a fun dinner party?? :)

Cristel said...

The new dining room looks great! Can I steal that idea for my new dining room? We moved at the beginning of October and mine has the same chair rail and is the same color above and below. I know I want to paint, just wasn't sure what would look good. Now I know!

Deanna said...

Of course you can steal it - I probably stole the idea myself! I love my dining room now.