Thursday, April 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Larry!

Today is Larry's 39th birthday! Hooray! This morning we celebrated with a candle in his biscuit - that melted really fast because the biscuit was still hot! Then he opened presents and went to work. Nope, work is not a fun thing to do on your birthday. Oh well, such is the life of a grown up.

Although the kids think 39 is OLD, I think 39 is fantastic! Especially since he was diagnosed with leukemia 4 years ago. Time flies when you are having fun!


Here is Larry's favorite birthday cake ever - Mama Myrtis' Carrot Cake. This is completely from scratch and tastes fabulous! I have to say that this is one of the prettiest ones I have made yet! Since it has carrots in it, can it be considered healthy?

Happy birthday my sweet! I look forward to many more happy years together.

2 comments:

David and Olivia said...

Your cake looks fabulous! Are you sharing the recipe? :) Glad your husband had a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

Next time you make this cake... I am going to need a piece! YUMMY!

Mrs. Clifford :-)