Sunday, November 30, 2008

In Training

"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6



I am pretty sure Larry has taken this scripture to heart. The boys get soooo excited to go hunting! They love getting up early, getting to eat donuts and getting to shoot guns. They don't notice the cold. Or the rain. They are not tired. They do not complain. They have even asked for waders and duck calls for Christmas. Larry, Zac and Logan are crazy about hunting.

But I don't mind at all. Larry is teaching the boys so much more than just how to hunt. He is teaching them patience. Respect. Obedience. And most of all, how to be a loving dad. I would never take that away from Larry or the boys. He is providing the boys with life lessons that will help them be better Christian men. Boys, enjoy the season. I'll see you in February.

4 comments:

ltolleson said...

Deanna forgot to mention that Lily wants to go hunting too. I'm not sure how well that one will work out for me.

Jill said...

Well, if Lily goes then Presley has to go to! Wait a minute... she cries at the thought of killing birds! Maybe not!

Deanna said...

Lily really like to go hunting too - at her favorite stores of course! We love to hunt for pink camo, new shoes, jewelry...I am training her right too!

Brandon said...

We don't need no stinkin girls in our duck blind! Oh, wait a minute...I forgot about Payton.