Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Back to life...Back to reality

Well, Christmas is officially over. Yes, I know that was weeks ago, but I had to extend my holiday by just one more week. I made Larry extremely crazy! But I couldn't help it! I was completely distracted by the Twilight series. I could not put them down. So...all I did last week while the kids were at school was read.

I finished the books, which I loved, then started looking around. Wow! No one cleaned while I was on holiday. Too bad for me. Back to life. Back to reality. This week I have been cleaning, doing laundry, grocery shopping, catching up on PTA work, cleaning out closets, paying bills, etc, etc, etc.

I would love to have another mini-holiday and sit on the couch, reading a book and eating Christmas cookies. But that too must come to an end - since all of the sweets in my house have been banished! Back to eggs, salads and chicken.

It is a new year. Full of promise. I don't know what the year holds, but I do know that life is good. I love the reality of my life. It is nice to have a holiday, but the every day, simple pleasures are what I live for. My husband that still loves me after 17 years. My children that are growing, learning and maturing. My family that is close in miles and in our hearts. Friends that care. Surrounded by material blessings. That's my reality. I glad it's back.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

A friend from school let me borrow the first book in the series....I'm scared to start it because I'm afraid I won't be able to put it down!!! :) I'm glad you liked them....I think I'll wait for our vacation because the little ones are calling me....Back to life!!