Sunday, January 18, 2009

What do I do?

We have company this weekend. Larry's dad and brother have come to visit. Well, that is sort of true. Actually they came just to hunt ducks. And Larry and the boys are thrilled! They hunted Saturday and they will hunt again in the morning.

Lily is also very excited. She is at a sleepover with Aunt Jen and Allie having girl-time.

Tomorrow morning the house will be completely quiet. No one will be here but me.

So here is my dilemma:
WHAT DO I DO??? A few precious hours all by myself?!? It holds so many possibilities! I could exercise, read a good book, take a long soaking bath, paint my nails, watch an old movie, scrapbook... I was getting dizzy thinking of everything that I could do in the quiet until Larry burst my bubble. He said they would be back quite early. Drat! There goes my quiet time. I will probably just be waking up when they get home. Oh man.

Well, dilemma solved. I guess I will get up and do all of the things that I should do - laundry, dishes, file the bills, make my bed, vacuum, sew a button on Lily's dress...

Why do the shoulds always beat the woulds?

1 comment:

Being a Star said...

I have a free day today and I am plannig on going to curves but wanted to do soemthing else fun..its going to be laundry, and cleaning the kitchen..maybe i will be able to catch up on shows i taped that my be the highlight of my day.