Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Logan's Purr

Yeah for me! I got to hear Logan's purr tonight. You know the sound. The really fast laugh when he is VERY excited about something. Larry and I have always called it his "purr". When he was younger he would purr for food. Then chocolate. Sometimes Grandmother's chocolate cake. Anything that thrills his soul.

Tonight he purred because he lost another tooth. Actually, I pulled it. It was barely hanging on and he was asking so many questions. When will I lose it? What if I am at school? I'll need a kleenex because it will bleed. Where will I put it? Really, it just fell out when I touched it, but now he thinks I am the coolest mom because I pulled his tooth. Hey, I'll take being cool for a while.

As I was tucking him in bed, he kept sticking his tongue in the space and talking about the Tooth Fairy. And purring. I LOVE that sound. Only God could make such a sweet sound for a mother's ears. What is it about those special sounds that just grab your heart and make you want to hug the stuffing out of the poor kid?!?

Well, he survived my hugs and kisses and now he is having sweet dreams about the Tooth Fairy's visit. Hope she is not late.

No comments: