Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.

Logan is thankful:
  • for my family.
  • for my friends.
  • that we're here at Thanksgiving.
  • that we are alive when we come back (from hunting tomorrow. Yeah, I hope that too buddy!).
  • that I'm going hunting with friends from church.
  • that we had fun at lunch today. (Thanks to Doug and Dena for hosting. Doug, Logan loved football in the front yard!)
Lily is thankful:
  • for my friends, my house, my beds, my food, my family.
  • that we had a great trip home from camp (last weekend).
  • for our cars that we can drive in.
  • for our phones so we can talk to people.
  • for Molly, for showers, for pictures of all of us, for tvs. (Do your kids ever pray the room?)
  • for school that we can learn stuff. (Is the technical word for your education...stuff?)
Zachery is thankful:
  • for my family, food, our house, our dog, our church.
  • that I have a Bible.
  • for my siblings. But I guess that's family.
  • for getting to live in this free country.
  • well, I guess I am thankful for entertainment. Things I enjoy like sports and tv.
  • for God creating us and for giving us choices, not just sending us straight to heaven.
Larry is thankful:
  • that even though it is not great, enough health to do things with the kids and do whatever I want to do. (Everyone please continue to pray for his good health.)
  • for his wife. (Ahhh, thanks sweet)
I am thankful:
  • for my family. I love you all and I can not imagine the void in my life without you.
  • for our friends and the love and support you give us.
  • for the Macy's parade.
  • for turkey, dressing, cranberry chutney, corn casserole, chocolate cake, Ruth's brownies. I am sooo full!
  • for all of God's unending love and blessings.
I am thankful that we have one day specially set aside for counting our blessings. I think we take too many things for granted in the world today. And though it should not surprise us "what the Lord hath done", it does. "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17 I encourage you to look for His blessings daily for we are greatly blessed.

No comments: