Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Home Improvement 101

Home improvement projects have a mind of their own. They grow and grow until you never seem to be finished with one project before you are starting the next. Our home improvement began last June when we decided it was time to split the boys into their own rooms. We moved Logan to the guest room, aka my craft room. Notice the scrapbooking supplies spread out on the bed and the sewing machine and notions on the desk. Yes, it was a sad, sad day to lose my space.
Before:

After:

Logan is so proud to have his own room. He is probably the neatest of all three kids and takes good care of his room. On Fridays he can invite Zachery or Lily to have a "sleepover" in his room.

We did Zachery's room for his birthday. He knew we were doing it, but he did not know what we were doing in his room. He was having a fit to see it all finished!
Before:

After:

Of course Zac loves his room and he LOVES the fact that he can get away from his siblings and have some quiet time. (When do I get my own room away from the kids for quiet time???) I used the logo from the youth room at church for a focal point of the room. (Hope that's ok Jason!)

We have other projects that we have done, but I will save those posts for another day. Right now I have to get the kids ready for bed. We have a big day planned for Thanksgiving tomorrow. I pray that you all have a blessed day.

"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever." Psalm 118:1

No comments: