Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My Hero

This was the situation yesterday afternoon.

Larry is on his way home from Little Rock. Zac is doing his homework. Logan needs to read his book to me. Lily needs to draw a picture but she is crying because "I don't know hooowww." The microwave is beeping to turn over the meat I am defrosting. Logan starts reading. Lily start crying. Restart the meat. Listen to Logan. Show Lily how to draw an octopus. Listen to Logan more. Lily is now throwing a huge fit. Can't hear Logan. Lily comes over and immediately falls asleep in my lap. Atleast now I can listen to Logan. Zac is asking me to check his homework. Logan finishes his book. I wake Lily up. She still doesn't know how. Start cooking the meat. Show Lily how to draw an octopus again. More crying and then she throws her pencil. I have had it!

And then, ta-da-da-da! My Knight in Shining Armour walks in the door. Ahhh...

Within minutes of his arrival, he has Lily under control and happily working on her picture. I finally can get dinner ready. After dinner, my Hero starts covering Logan's arm so he can shower and all the kids follow him upstairs. Once again, peace has been restored.

I made my Hero some cookies. Thanks sweet!

5 comments:

Jill said...

There are many days when I feel that same way... then Brandon comes walking in the door and saves the day!!

Brandon said...

Uhh. Does Larry know about this "hero?" You might not want to post about your "hero" on a public forum or Larry might find out!

Deanna said...

Larry, AKA My Hero, enjoyed his cookies very much. He didn't know that was why I made them for him until he read my blog though.

Brandon said...

Larry is the hero? Your story was much more like "Desparate Housewives" until you gave me that detail. I guess I watched The Maury Povich (sp?) Show one to many times!

Jenn said...

Oh...what a great guy! Aren't we sooo blessed to have great Heroes in our lives!!! :)