Monday, November 10, 2008

You Know What I Need?

One of the best times of the day is 2:30pm. That is when Lily is home after school and before the boys get home. We get to have some special time just with the girls. Every day, she comes in, lays down her backpack, then throws her shoes in the floor. She knows I am waiting. She just grins. "Lily, do you know what I need?" She knows. She runs over and gives me a big, long hug and I get to drink in the smell of her. This is my baby. But she is not the same. She is "growing up" and it makes me sad, but on the other hand, I love to see how much she is growing as a person.















Today she said "Mom, it was a great day!"
De - "Why Lily?"
Lily- "Guess who was the line leader?"
De - "You were!"
Lily - "No. Mandy was and she is my friend and I like for all of my friends to get to do fun things."

I wish I could always have such happiness for all of my friends. Sometimes I feel so jealous of others clothes, figures, hair that is not graying...things that Satan wants me to be focused on. Today my prayer is that I can rid myself of jealousy, accept myself as God made me, and love others as Jesus does.

Maybe one day I will grow up like Lily.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Oh Deanna... This was such a sweet post! You are such a great friend to have! Presley is also lucky to have Lily as her precious friend.

I am sooooo happy that you have a blog now!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!

Deanna said...

So you found me. Larry said it would not take long. I will be calling soon to get your help with making it cute. You have done some very cute headers!

Jenn said...

Oh, I just love that Lily...she is so much like her very sweet mama!!
We are so very thankful for sweet friends and their mamas!!

I found you, too...just tell Jill thank you for spreading the word! he he he