Saturday, November 8, 2008

Worms

Today was a great family day! Well, for some of us it was. After Lily's last softball game and team party this morning and Zachery's two baseball tournament games, we decided to go fishing at the ponds. So our kids and the Henry kids started digging for worms. Who knew we had such an abundance of worms right in our own back yard?!? Personally, I am glad that is all we unearthed! As we walked to the ponds, Lily said "Those worms just have no idea what we are about to do." Ha! Those poor worms did NOT have a good day today, but the kids sure did! We caught 25+ fish! Well, actually, not we. I watched. I don't bait hooks. They had fun, got dirty and caught lots of fish with dad. I have to admit that I was not real excited about going fishing. It's not my thing. But I'm sure glad I went! I got to watch my kids experiencing God's wonderful creation and making memories that they will hopefully cherish for a lifetime. To the worms, sorry it wasn't your day.

No comments: